This position is a childcare staff position that works directly with the kids of Hope & Home to provide a safe, fun and interactive environment. Children in foster care need consistency and this position is a wonderful way to help kids while learning more about the diverse and ever-changing world of foster care.
Location: 4945 North 30th Street, Colorado Springs, CO
Salary: $12.00 per hour
- Provide a safe and fun environment for children ages 1-18
- Organize an evening of activities for children in accordance with program philosophy
- Conduct all activities in a positive and professional manner
- Follow all Hope & Home policies and procedures
- Supervise activities of all children in assigned age group
- Participate and entertain children with games, toys, and other approved activities
- Report any incidents to supervisor
- Maintain required paperwork and records
- Responsible for set up before group and general cleaning duties after group each night
- Assist as needed at other scheduled events throughout the year
- Ability to work Monday-Thursday 5:00pm-8:45pm
- At least one year of experience working with children preferred
- Patience in working with children
- Able to work well on a team
- Flexible and able to adjust to change
- Holds themselves to high standards
- Willing to go the extra mile
- Energetic and friendly
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must complete CPR and First Aid training (upon hiring)
- Must complete Hope & Home orientation (upon hiring)
- Employee may occasionally life and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Full mobility is required.
About Hope & Home:
As a nondenominational Christian charity, Hope & Home trains and actively supports foster families all across the Front Range who feel compelled by Christ’s command to take care of “the least of these.” Abused and neglected children who’ve been removed from their birth homes get a stable and nurturing family to live with until it’s safe to go home again, or — when that safety isn’t possible — a family to give them a “forever home” through adoption.