**Please note that due to COVID-19, we are hoping to resume in-person childcare in the next few months. Re-opening in-person childcare during Support Groups is dependent on the current state of COVID-19.
This position is a childcare staff position that works directly with the kids of Hope & Home to provide a safe, fun and interactive environment, while their parents attend Support Group. Children in foster care need consistency and this position is a wonderful way to help kids while learning more about the diverse and ever-changing world of foster care.
Location: Varies for each group – Greater Denver area, including but not limited to Adams, Arapahoe, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas, and Jefferson counties
Salary: $12.32 per hour
Hours Details: Up to 15 hours a month with the likelihood of increasing to 21 hours within the year. Hours are consistent, but not guaranteed.
- Provide a safe and fun environment for children ages 1-18
- Conduct all activities in a positive and professional manner
- Follow all Hope & Home policies and procedures
- Supervise activities of all children in assigned age group
- Participate and entertain children with games, toys, and other approved activities
- Report any incidents to supervisor
- Maintain required paperwork and records
- Responsible for set up before group and general cleaning duties after group each night
- Assist as needed at other scheduled events throughout the year
- Ability to work Monday, Tuesday, and some Thursdays from 5:30pm-8:30 pm
- At least one year of experience working with children preferred
- Patience in working with children
- Able to work well on a team
- Flexible and able to adjust to change
- Holds themselves to high standards
- Willing to go the extra mile
- Energetic and friendly
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must complete CPR and First Aid training (upon hiring)
- Must complete Hope & Home orientation and training (upon hiring)
- Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Full mobility is required.
About Hope & Home:
As a nondenominational Christian charity, Hope & Home trains and actively supports foster families all across Colorado who feel compelled by Christ’s command to take care of “the least of these.” Abused and neglected children who’ve been removed from their birth homes get a stable and nurturing family to live with until it’s safe to go home again, or — when that safety isn’t possible — a family to give them a “forever home” through adoption.